Fairfax Employment Immigration Lawyer

Helping Foreign Nationals in Virginia Obtain a Work Visa

One of the most common ways a foreign national can obtain a green card (or lawful permanent residency) is through employment. Each year, the Immigration and Nationality Act provides at least 140,000 employment-based immigration visas through various preference categories. 

Whether you are a foreign national who is interested in working in the United States or a U.S. employer looking to sponsor and hire an immigrant or nonimmigrant  worker, you need to file a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  In some immigration cases, you will need to obtain a labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). Due to the complexities of immigration laws and the legal process, let The Law Firm of Shihab & Associates carefully reviews all your paperwork, help you gather the necessary documents, meet all the deadlines, and increase your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome.

If you are interested in applying for a work visa in Fairfax, VA, call us at (800) 625-3404 or complete our online contact form to schedule a consultation and learn how our immigration firm can help you!

Types of Employment Visas

With more than 50 years of combined legal experience and thousands of employment-based immigration cases successfully processed, our legal team has extensive knowledge of the US immigration system. Not only have our lawyers represented small and large corporations, but also colleges, universities, healthcare organizations and  international investors who are interested in starting their business in the U.S.

Our immigration firm can help our clients obtain the following types of visas:

  • – Allows diplomats and other government officials to travel to the U.S.
  • B-1 – A nonimmigrant visa for a person to temporarily conduct business in the U.S. (e.g., negotiate a contract, settle an estate, consult with business associates, or attend a conference on business)
  • B-2 – A nonimmigrant visa for visitors for vacation, tourism, visiting relatives or friends, social events, and even medical treatments
  • E-1 – Allows a foreign national of a “treaty country” to engage in substantial trade in the U.S.
  • E-2 – Allows a foreign national of a treaty country to invest in or start a business in the U.S.
  • E-3 – Allows an Australian national to temporarily work in the U.S.
  • EB-1 – Allows a foreign national with extraordinary ability (e.g., professors, researchers, executives, multinational managers, etc.) to work in the U.S.
  • EB-2 – Allows foreign nationals with advanced degrees and those with exceptional ability to work in the U.S.
  • EB-3 – Allow foreign nationals with a U.S. bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent to work in the U.S.
  • G-1 – A nonimmigrant visa for designated principal resident representatives of foreign governments recognized by the U.S. who will work for an international organization.
  • G-2 – A nonimmigrant visa for an accredited representative of a foreign government who will work for an international organization.
  • G-3 – A nonimmigrant visa for representatives of unrecognized foreign governments who will work for an international organization.
  • G-4 – A nonimmigrant visa for employees or officers of international organizations.
  • G-5 – A nonimmigrant visa for attendants, servants, or personal employees of other G visa holders.
  • H-1B – A U.S. employer sponsors a foreign professional to work in a “specialty occupation,” such as an IT professional, doctor, professor, engineer, lawyer, etc.
  • H-2A – A U.S. employer sponsors a foreign national for temporary or seasonal agricultural work
  • H-2B – A U.S. employer sponsors a foreign national for temporary or seasonal non-agricultural work
  • – Allows foreign journalists and reports to work in the U.S.
  • J-1 – Allows a foreign doctors, professors, scholars, students, and counselors to participate in an exchange visitor program in the U.S.
  • L-1 – Allows foreign executives, managers, and specialized knowledge employees to transfer from an overseas organization to work for the same organization in the U.S.
  • TN – Also known as the NAFTA Professional Visa, this allows qualified professionals from Mexico and Canada to work in the U.S.
  • O – Allows highly talented or internationally/nationally acclaimed foreign nationals (e.g., celebrities, athletes, artists, entertainers, filmmakers, science leaders, business leaders, etc.) to work in the U.S either temporarily or permanently.
  • P – Allows foreign-born athletes and performers to temporarily work in the U.S.
  • – Allows foreign religious workers to work for a sponsored-religious institution in the U.S.

Schedule a Consultation Today!

No matter what type of employment-based immigration visa you are interested in, let The Law Firm of Shihab & Associates help you accomplish your goals. Our immigration attorneys are committed to guiding you throughout each step of the immigration process.

Contact us today at (800) 625-3404 to speak with our Fairfax work visa attorneys!

Why Choose Shihab & Associates?

Retaining an Immigration Attorney is an Important Decision
  • Personal and Exceptional Approach to Processing Visas and Working With Our International Clients
  • US Immigration Services Offered in Columbus, Cleveland, Southfield, & Washington DC
  • Technologically Savvy Law Firm with Implementation of Numerous Tools to Deliver Case Progress

Secure an Immigration Attorney Today

Our lawyers will individually and clearly explain the visa or green card process and will simplify the complex procedure in small, easy to understand steps.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy