L-1 Premium Processing: Get Approved Fast
Let Our Immigration Attorneys Assist You; Contact One of Our Offices in Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio, Southfield Michigan and Washington, D.C.
When you request USCIS premium processing service with filing your L-1 intercompany transferee nonimmigrant visa petition, this will really speed up the USCIS processing time for adjudicating and approving your case. If you have questions about L-1 premium processing and would like to consult with an attorney, contact The Law Firm of Shihab & Associates. We have over 50 years of combined legal experience in a wide variety of complex and immigration law matters.
Call (800) 625-3404 to request a consultation with an immigration lawyer at one of our conveniently located offices.
What Will Premium Processing Accomplish?
When your L-1 petition is filed along with a request for premium processing service, the USCIS guarantees that your case will take no longer than 15 calendar days for it to process.
Processing means that USCIS will complete one of the following:
- Approve the petition
- Deny the petition
- Provide a notice of intent to deny (NOID)
- Provide a request for evidence (RFE)
- Open an investigation
If none of these five actions have been taken within calendar 15 days, the USCIS guarantees that it will refund your premium processing fee and continue to treat your petition as an expedited premium processing case. If you receive a NOID or RFE, the USCIS will start another 15 calendar day period of premium processing after you submit a complete response to the NOID or RFE.
How Do I Get Premium Processing?
This is done with Form I-907 Request for Premium Processing Service, which is filed concurrently with the visa petition or while the petition is pending. The filing fee is $1,225. Only the petitioner employer or the attorney may file the Form I-907, not the beneficiary employee.
Premium processing service is available for the following employment-based nonimmigrant (Form I-129) visa petitions:
- E-1 Treaty Trader
- E-2 Treaty Investor
- H-1B Specialty Occupation
- H-2B Temporary Nonagricultural Worker
- H-3 Training or Special Education Exchange Visitor
- L-1A Intercompany Transferee Executive, or Manager
- L-1B Intercompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge Professional
- LZ Blanket L-1
- O-1 Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
- O-2 Essential Support Services
- P-1 Internationally Recognized Athlete or Member of Entertainment Group
- P-1S Essential Support Services, Highly Skilled for Principle
- P-2 Artist or Entertainer under Reciprocal Exchange Program
- P-2S Essential Support Services, Highly Skilled for Principle
- P-3 Artist or Entertainer in Culturally Unique Program
- P-3S Essential Support Services, Highly Skilled for Principle
- Q-1 International Cultural Exchange
- R-1 Religious Occupation
- TN-1 NAFTA Professional, Canada
- TN-2 NAFTA Professional, Mexico
Premium processing services available for the following employment-based immigrant (Form I-140) visa petitions:
- EB-1 Extraordinary Ability
- EB-1 Outstanding Professors and Researchers
- EB-1 Multinational Executives and Managers
- EB-2 Members of Professions with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability without National Interest Waiver
- EB-3 Skilled Workers
- EB-3 Professionals
- EB-3 Workers Other Than Skilled Workers and Professionals
Dependents Will Typically Be Expedited with the Primary Family Member
USCIS will usually expedite petitions for the principal applicant’s dependent spouse and children if they are filed concurrently with the principal petition. Yet, the USCIS is not required to provide premium processing treatment to dependents, and it will not give a refund if dependents’ cases are delayed.
If you would like further information about the L-1 premium processing service or any other immigration matter, please contact our immigration attorneys at The Law Firm of Shihab & Associates to schedule a consultation with an attorney at an office near you.
Personal and Exceptional Approach to Processing Visas and Working With Our International Clients
US Immigration Services Offered in Columbus, Cleveland, Southfield, & Washington DC
Technologically Savvy Law Firm with Implementation of Numerous Tools to Deliver Case Progress